Friday, May 09, 2008

The Number 9

Okay. Now is the time when anyone who reads this blog will realize that its writer is crazy, assuming they haven't already.

I am obsessed with the number 9; but in my defense, I have to say that I have some semi-logical reasons: The first being that 9 is a magic number. If you don't believe me you can read about it on wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_(number)

The main 'magic' happens when you multiply 9 by any number the resulting digits will ALWAYS add up to 9.
The other great thing about 9 is that it's the biggest or highest digit! So naturally it's superior to all the others. It has real value and you can find 9's everywhere!

So, what's my connection to the 9?

Well, here's why I'm so into it: If you add up all the digits on the day I was born (year, month, day) it adds up to 18 which adds up to 9. Get it?

I like 9's so much that I can accept 3's and 6's in my life as well and any number whose digits add up to 3 or 6. That's because 9 is divisible by 3 and 6 plus 3 is 9.

Here's where it gets weird: I do almost everything in 9's now. I work out in sets of 9. It could be 3, 6 or 9 sets of 9. I try to use weights that measure out to a 9. For example: A 45 pound weight is perfect. However, this does present a problem when I want to make progress and my next choice is 50 or 60, I have to jump to 60 and then the next would be 90. I do make concessions and add half pounds and add in decimals to make things work out better for my mathematical urges.

I also got married when I was 36 in 2007. So you might see some 9 add-ups in there. My wife, sadly, was born on days that add up to 7, which she claims is her lucky number. However, I did find that if you add our wedding date together with her birth date the single digits add up to 6 which is an acceptable number.

I looked up our 'numerology' on some website and I am apparently a 1 and she is an 8 but that is because they include the '19' in the year but I don't include that because it screws up my neat little 9 situation.

Neptune is my favorite planet because in the memory-jogging sentence, "My very educated mother just served us NINE pies", the 'n' in 'NINE' represents Neptune! Cool no? And Neptune really is a cool planet - no pun intended. I'm a Pisces and Neptune is an aquatic god, so that makes total sense to me. Additionally, Neptune and Pluto apparently pull a switcheroo every so often and Neptune is actually the 9th planet for the sun!

Well I'm going to stop now. I have a lot more to say about this but I am starting to sound like I have nothing happening in my brain except nonsense.

No comments: