Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A List of Ugly People I Look Like

I've been feeling uninspired lately with regard to this blog. Today, however, a clerk at the local Gourmet Garage inspired me - in a bad way - to ponder the list of unattractive celebrities that I've been compared to over the years.

I'm not the only person this happens to, and for that reason, I'd love to hear from anyone else who's got a list like mine.

I used to work as a teacher of ESL - to foreign students who are notoriously skilled insulters. A couple of the dudes on my list are actually comparisons made by ex students. By far the best insult/compliment I have ever heard was, unfortunately, not directed at me but at a female colleague who was told, in quite an upbeat tone, that she looked like Chelsea Clinton. My reaction was to tell the speaker that Chelsea Clinton was widely known to look like a Cabbage Patch doll and that they are generally thought of us pretty fugly.

The same student who accidentally insulted my colleague then went on to add that I looked just like Vincent Gallo.  That confused me since Vincent Gallo has dark hair and, well...looks nothing like me.  When I told this student that Gallo looked like a heroine addict and that I didn't think it was a comparison that he should vocalize, he responded, "but Vincent Gallo is cerebrity", as if simply being famous made it OK to be ugly.

Anyhow, here's my list, starting with the person the Gourmet Garage beeotch told me I looked like today:

1. Conan O'Brien
2. Vincent Gallo
3. Woody Harrelson
4. Doogie Howser, MD (this one came from an old Italian lady who actually wanted my autograph!)
5. Woody Harrelson (I mention him again because I get him the most and also find it to be quite annoying.)

Who is your favorite ugly celebrity look-alike?

No comments: